It is becoming increasingly clear to us that case management is becoming an essential part of the digital transformation. However, few understand what it really is and what the capabilities of such a solution are. In this article we will understand what case management means and how the implementation of such a solution should be approached.
First of all, we need to define this ‘case management’. What does case management actually mean?
In essence, case management > Means the management of business cases, ie of particular situations, which are essential, but which are not part of the core of the organization’s workflow. These are often unpredictable tasks that revolve around information and knowledge of employees. These are tasks that directly affect customers, partners or the team.
Business cases such as IT helpdesk, incident tracking, employee leave management and customer scheduling, affect the way your organization operates.
A case management solution provides a complete view of data, documents, notes, events and other information related to the case, client, relationship or incident.
Studies show that effective business case management leads to improved customer relationships, increased employee productivity, and they make your organization healthy and profitable.
Here are three tips for implementing a case management solution:
Identify Case Management Opportunities
- Areas of the organization depend on employee knowledge – investigations, service requests, and problem solving.
- Tasks managed with spreadsheets, dozens of sealed documents or databases.
- Processes and departments in which there are direct customer-employee interactions.
- Various processes that exist in daily work but are not solved by specialized applications
Once you have identified the key areas for home management, you understand where the biggest pain is: cost, time or quality of services.
Evaluate Case Management Options
Keep in mind that the IT team will have to get involved no matter which of the three options you go for:
- Build: Internally programmed applications – are perfectly tailored to your needs, but creating them is an expensive and time-consuming process and the solutions are not adaptable to process changes.
- Buy: Specific solutions that can concretely solve each case, but are not scalable or connectable with other platforms or organizational departments.
- Configure: A point-and-click configuration solution saves time and costs associated with development and programming while helping you respond quickly to any needs by creating new solutions or adapting them to those already configured.
By setting up a flexible and scalable platform, you get low costs while giving the IT department a single place to manage updates, security and maintenance.
Look to the Future
A good home management solution must be useful both today and tomorrow, it must be able to solve more than the immediate needs. When choosing a solution, look for the following:
- Be easy to expand both in the initial department and outside it and transform to suit any potential business needs.
- It is delivered and implemented by a consultant with know-how and experience in everything that means applications of this kind and with proven experience in implementing case management solutions.
- Provides an intuitive interface with access from email applications and what can be connected to other solutions implemented in the organization so that it has all the necessary information.